Plastic Waste Types
Below you find a list of the types of scrap plastic we buy:
We primarily service large industrial, commercial or municipal generators in larger quantities. If you’re unsure, Contact us anyway!
Recycling Different Plastic Waste Types
Plastic is all around us. Everywhere we turn, be it at home or at work, in tools and equipment or toys and decor, it is one of the most commonly used materials on earth. Little wonder then that the task of disposing plastic waste is a major environmental issue. But that is where we come in.
For a decade, Northwest Polymers has been purchasing the plastic scrap material that the commercial and manufacturing industries produce, providing the perfect answer to their waste plastic disposal problems. But there is more to it than simply picking up crates, trays, buckets and barrels and putting them through a process. Recognizing and handling different types of plastic is a significant too.
Our service handles 14 different types of resins commonly found in scrap plastics. These include polyethylene (both its high density [HDPE] and low density [LDPE] forms), polystyrene, polypropylene and polyvinyl chloride (commonly known as PVC). Also included in our list are vinyl, nylon and acrylic plastics, as well as polycarbonate and ABS.
Benefits of Selling Your Plastic Waste
The damage that plastic can have on the environment when simply dumped in landfills or randomly incinerated, is no secret to any of us. That is why responsible disposal is so important. But the benefits of selling your scrap plastics to Northwest Polymers are more than environmental.
1. The fact that your plastic is purchased helps reclaim any expenses incurred: in fact, instead of paying landfill costs, you increase revenue.
2. EPA and industry environmental standards are met and surpassed, thanks to our universally recognized high processing standards.
3. Your company enhances its 'green' image in the public eye - a major plus in terms of public relations and community position.
Northwest Polymers is not simply a plastic scrap dealer. We remove, process and resell a variety of plastics that benefits our customers at both ends of our industry, and makes the environment that little bit cleaner.
So, whether you are looking for nylon, acrylic, polystyrene or PVC recycling experts, by selling your plastic waste to us, you can be sure that it will be disposed of efficiently and cost-effectively, and reprocessed for sale at our state-of-the-art recycling center in Oregon.
Plastic Resins Your Business May Have
Plastics are so abundant that we can sometimes not recognize them. They are not just in items like door and window frames, piping or packaging, but some resins and specialty polymers may also be present in less obvious items.
● Polyethylene - insulation and cushioning foam packaging for computer components and electronics.
○ HDPE - used in almost everything, from toys to garbage containers.
○ LDPE - used to produce rigid container, plastic films and plastic bags.
● Polystyrene - used in CD cases, disposable razors, foam packing 'peanuts' and foam coffee cups.
● Polypropylene - used in the textiles, laboratory equipment, automotive parts and plastic furniture.
● ABS - used in 3D printers, automotive trim components, enclosures for electronic assemblies, plastic piping and protective headgear.
● PVC - used in the construction industry in plumping systems, door and window frames and roof trimmings.
● Polycarbonate - used in construction materials like sound walls and domelights, in electronic components and compact discs.
● Nylon - used in textiles, ropes, musical strings, but solid nylon is used in mechanical parts like gears.
● Acrylic - fibers made of acrylic are used in the textile industry.
● Vinyl - a core element in PVC.